What will you be doing?
As a Senior .net CMS Developer within Valtech you will be facing interesting questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance.
As a Senior Consultant you are expected to develop expertise both in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies. We’ll encourage and support this with frequent opportunities to share ideas internally. We also have Senior Consultants frequently deliver at regional, national and global conferences.
Technical Skills that are required:
- .NET Software Development (C#)
- Development practices: pair programming, planning poker, CI or CD, IoC, TDD, BDD, mocking frameworks
- Experience with an enterprise level search system e.g. Solr, Elasticsearch
- Unit testing experience (MS Test/NUnit/MBUnit)
Impress us with further skills like:
- .net based CMS Systems (preferably Sitecore, Episerver/Optimizely)
- Object-Relational mapping tools like Glass mapper
- Continous Integration / Development (CI/CD) supporting tools like TeamCity or Octopus (or other similar technologies)
- Microsoft specific frameworks/solutions like MVC, WebAPI, Razor
Being effective in software delivery isn’t all about the code, we’ll be looking to see good experience and awareness across many of the following areas:
- leading cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- preparing and participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements.
- developing highly interactive websites and familiarity with the challenges involved
- working with integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
- designing different software architectures.
- using Software/ Enterprise Design Patterns
- developing web applications
- working with content management systems and cloud technologies such as Azure.
- working in projects where Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, pair programming and refactoring principles were applied.
- full project life-cycle including analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and support.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum 5 years working in a similar position, preferably in an agency setting.
- Must be able to take initiative and problem solve without help.
- Ability to develop large scale, scalable web applications.
- Experiences in working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as applied to user guides and documentation and to communicate clearly with developers, project managers, clients and end-users.
- Genuine interest in the industry and for mentioned technologies, a trait quantified by their ability to stay up to date with the latest developments and best practices.
- Fluent speech in English.
What do we offer in return?
- A permanent position in one of the top 4 internet agencies in Germany where you can also work in an international environment.
- At Valtech you are not simply assigned to a supervisor, instead each employee chooses their own team leader.
- An attractive and lucrative compensation package consisting of fixed and variable salary components, whereby the variable component is paid out monthly based on company goals.
- You can expect a highly professional working environment in a friendly team, where team spirit and knowledge transfer are not empty phrases and where flat hierarchies are not just a buzz word.
- In our beautiful, modern and air-conditioned premises you can develop your talents and enjoy good public transport connections.
- Flexible working hours and home office arrangements based on a 40-hour week as well as 30 days of vacation per year.
- With personal development opportunities and our cooperation with the Urban Sports Club, body and soul are both taken care of. In addition, there is daily fresh fruit and free soft drinks as well as coffee and tea as much as you want.
- After passing the probationary period you have the possibility to get a job bike.
- At summer parties, team events and Christmas parties you can experience how sociable we are offline.
- We pay you a company contribution to your pension plan.
- There is no dress code. Everyone comes to work dressed as they feel comfortable.
- We offer many training opportunities, which you can take advantage of through our Valtech Academy or via external trainings or conferences.